Saturday, August 30, 2014

If Our God Is For Us Than What Can Stand  Against Us? 
   
- Chris Tomlin 











Philippians 4:13 tells us that “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. This is probably one of the most cliche bible verses ever known. It is so over-used by the Christian community. But why is this the go to phrase when one is trying to recruit another to experience the love of Christ? Why do we automatically think of this verse when one questions are faith or stability in Christ? Why do we as a body cling to these words oh so tightly hoping that one day it will all be reveled? When did we as a body become so blind! We don’t need to wait for the Lords return to realize what his message is telling us. He provided us with an example on how to live and we’re abusing it every day by following our own selfish ways. I should know for I too took advantage of the sacrifice God had laid out for us, everyone has. If you have ever sinned or placed your own needs before a fellow brother than you have experienced the shame that we has humans have placed upon ourselves. But do not run and hide with fear, for God does not want us to simply run away when we believe we have failed him over and over again. He wants us to cling to him cling to his words his promises his commandments, his love so we can realize that he will forgive are transgressions. When in doubt we as a body result in quoting this verse I believe because we know that deep down our God is the greatest that nothing can nor will ever defeat him and to accept that means you have to accept the fact that we must let go of our handle on life and let God take control. It’s quite amazing to know that the same Holy Spirit that raised Jesus Christ the messiah from his brutal death has the opportunity to live in you. Wow. This is why we as Christians love this phrase so much, I fear though we have come to say it too often that we have lost the true perspective of what its values truly mean. “I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens me”, “I” meaning me, us, the church as a whole who can accomplish whatever task they desire if they are willing to give their lives away to the almighty. If you accept his overwhelming power and love then he will bless you with the needed strength to overcome your battles. We can’t do anything on our own; we are in need of a community who’s reliant on the bread of God. For without God in your life nothing will ever truly be fulfilled. God can give us the strength to conjure our pain, our battles, our bullies and all our struggles all we need to do is let him in. Don’t take his love for granted, I urge you to pray to him right now ask him: What do I need to change in my life to be truly filled with your grace and mercy? What do I need to do to receive your strength for me to overcome my enemies’? He’s by your side day and night waiting for you to call him out, waiting for you to make the decision to rely on him. The question is: are you willing to let go? 

No comments:

Post a Comment